Innisfail High School (IHS) is a learning community that serves approximately 400 students in grades 9 through 12. As the only High school in Innisfail, IHS serves not only the students in Innisfail but also students from Spruce View, Bowden, Penhold and the surrounding rural areas.
IHS provides a balanced curriculum with a variety of programs to meet the diverse needs of our student population. In addition to a strong academic program, IHS offers:
- A number of options including Career and Technology Studies, Art, Drama, Instrumental Music, Jazz Band, French, Outdoor Education and Athletics
- A work to school transition programme where high school students work, may earn money and high school credit while learning life skills in a context provided by the employer and coordinated by the school
- Support for students with special needs
- Opportunities for students to travel abroad (e.g. band trip and travel club)
- IHS offers many athletic and extracurricular opportunities for students